Thursday, January 1, 2009

God Isn't Done.

Thats a controversial title for the first entry of pretty much anything. It speaks of God(controversial enough) and His activity(even more so).  My name is Dan Walbert, and I will do both. So brace yourselves.  

I have some thoughts. Not many, but I got this one in particular.  I have this really strange feeling that God wants me to do some things.  Im gonna do them.  I would encourage all who can say the same to do the same. 

I have never really been a major fan of the Beetles. I know the music and I know the culture.  You could say Im a fan, but not a major one.  The one thing that always struck me about the whole beetles culture is this Love mantra.  "All we need is love..." and so on.  I have found  that many people agree with that famous line.  I find it funny that it took a man like Paul McCartney singing those profound words over the radio and into history for a generation to get the concept.  

Those words are true. All we need is love.  But love is not a renewable resource. Paul will die. So long as love is a lower case word, it will fail as well.  What is needed to sustain the verb is the proper noun.  To love, we must know Love.  Love is a person.  The verb is flowing out from the nature of the proper noun that is Jesus Christ.  Jesus Christ is the manifestation of love.  He is literally where it begins and where it will end.  

When people understand that, all is well with their souls.  To know that is to be at peace.  Because Jesus tells us to come to Him and He will give us rest.  I like rest.  Cause Im tired.  

God isn't done. Jesus is not done.  There are still too many people that need rest. 


Thats my thought for now.  

2 comments:

  1. Amen dude. Jesus isn't done... he's got plans for you bro. Keep up the blog... I'll continue to follow. God Bless you man

    ReplyDelete
  2. DAN DANN!
    that was pretty amazing
    i like how you said "to love, we must know Love"
    and that is sooo true
    !!

    ReplyDelete