Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Need

Throughout my high school career I have always been involved with Mr. Stafford in one way or another.  Stafford is the guitar teacher at my school. His class is laid back and basic in nature, and kids both enjoy that and hate it at times.  

But Stafford doesn't bend or budge, he just keeps on truckin through like he always has. I admire that about him.

I  T.A for his class, which means that I help him teach and manage the kids.  I love the kids in the class.  They are so honest about life and about themselves.  So typically human.

Whether they are stoned or tired, hungry or lazy, these kids are typical freshmen.   They come to school each day with an attitude that some may mistake for crudeness or rudeness, yet if you were to honestly talk to one of them you would see what wonderful kids they are.

I spoke with one of them today about how 90% of life is just showing up.  It took him a second, but he understood what I meant.  His sad and tired face seemed to brighten as the words soaked into him.  

I believe that one of the chief human needs is encouragement.

Encouragement from the source that they believe is credible.  I know that Jesus came to be that source.  He came to fulfill that aspect of human need. 

The reason He was able to do so is because He is the manifestation of the Truth. When a man understands Jesus, he understands all things.  And he is encouraged unto all things, in Jesus Name.

The very name of Jesus is the key to salvation and blessing.  While worldly prosperity is often gained through sinful forces, true blessing can only be received from the Grace of God through Jesus Christ. 

Once again, the beauty of Jesus is that He is simple and He is central.  

He is as simple as the key and as central as one as well.  He is the one who opens the doors of the Scriptures and to the True Life that we are all searching for.  

He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.  

Im gonna tell people about Him.  

If there is anything I will do, its that.  



1 comment:

  1. Hey, Dan, I wanted to let you know I found your blog today and think a) you're an awesome writer but more than that, b) you're a man with a great heart and c) you are the kind of person whose early on could see through the baloney of what is falsely called "life" to the eternal realities of God, His Kingdom and our destinies. I really look forward to seeing how God will continue to sharpen you and use you to bring His love to this world.
    Laurie Jennings

    ReplyDelete