Saturday, January 3, 2009

Good Morning America

Good morning.  Or is it? If your anything like me it is rarely a true "good" morning. I have never really been much of a morning person. I find that it takes a thorough soaking in the shower before I can be declared legally sane each day.  

One of the main reasons that I dislike the morning is because my faith in the Lord seems to be at its weakest when the hours are early and my mind is vulnerable.  It is really in the shower that I am able to get my mind together and engage the Lord before the day begins.  As I sit in the steam and the heat I am able to come to terms with the reality that today is the Lords.  In doing so I am put at an immediate advantage against the perils and temptations of the day.  

I have learned that giving the day up to Almighty God to handle is extremely freeing.  The peace that comes with knowing that He is in control and that all works for the good of those who love Him is a peace that I don't want to try to live without. That is essentially what life is like when following Jesus.  

He is strength when you need Him. He is Love when it hurts. He is forgiveness when you just cant do it.  He is direction when your lost.  He is both the power and the purpose in all that is holy and clean.  And above all, He will carry you through. 

At the end of the day we were beaten, and so He came down here and won.  

It was finished. It is finished.

I don't walk out of the shower without remembering that.

No comments:

Post a Comment