Whether it is the english classes that miss the point, or the psychology classes that look in all the wrong places, the whole system is run by baffoons.
For instance, I have this one teacher that is so lost that she simply forces students to talk about a book all period. She does not provide a basic structure for the conversations, nor does she criticize or analyze any of the blatantly erroneous comments or questions that the students come up with. She does not teach, she acts as though there is no set reality to the plot of the stories we read. It is just whatever we think.
Second of all, I daily endure the rabbit hole to nowhere that is a modern psychology class. From why we do what we do, to how and when, this field of study misses the big picture. They refuse to accept anything as true, and in so doing create a system of thinking that is self defeating. Psychology simply reminds us of our horrible meaninglessness and inability to act in a way that could be perceived as honorable. When one constantly views the world through the eyes of finite human frailty, it does not take long to become hopelessly depressed. Psychology offers no substantial answers. It only raises frivolous questions of individual depravity and meaninglessness.
I already knew that. Next?
I recently spent some time on the campus of one of the finest universities in the world. Yet even there, I could smell the terrible stench of "knowledge" all around me.
You see I believe that the more we learn the less we know. All our lives we focus on gaining as much knowledge as possible. Facts and figures, theories and tests. The result is that I go to school each day only to see hundreds of faces that have no level of understanding at all.
Knowledge, sure. Grades, you bet. Potential, nothing but. Yet, when I talk to these kids I can see that they have no bearing in life at all. No concept of what they realistically should or should not do with their short little lives.
The teachers are even worse. They actually believe that all this stuff they know will one day translate to some kind of true value. I find the whole delusion terribly sad.
Now that we have identified the problem, lets take a look at the solution. Lets take a look at the goal.
The goal is a True Understanding of our world. If we are going to achieve that, we must start with the basics. Wrong and right, up and down, left and right. The blatant laws of reality. The Absolute Truths. The amazing part? Its all intuitive!!! Its as simple as your gut feeling. No degree needed.
If this is our goal, then obviously we should pursue it in the same manner by which we initially reckon ourselves with reality. Each of us knows what is wrong and what is right, justifications aside, everyone knows the rules of fair play.
We know what we should do, lets just do it. Lets not say there is no such thing as absolute truth, simply to justify our own foolish and guilt ridden behavior. No level of education or knowledge can solve that problem. Only an understanding of the cross of Christ. Only in Him is our foolishness paid for, our guilt wiped away.
This has been a rant no doubt, yet the whole idea that "education" is paramount was getting to me. Above all, let us have understanding. Understanding that He is the answer that we have all been looking for.

No comments:
Post a Comment